The world is full of amazing places and as a traveller, I’m sure your travel bucket list is already long. Anyway, let us feed your wanderlust and make you add some other places to your future destinations 😉
1. St. George Koziba Monastery in Palestine: Just 20km from Jerusalem we can find this amazing monastery hanging from a cliff in Wadi Qelt. It was built in the 5th century and is currently home of orthodox Greek monks.
2. The holy city of Varanasi in India: Also known as Benares, it’s an Indian city located on the shores of the Ganges river and one of the seven sacred cities of the Hinduism. The ghats, the stairs that descend to the river, are the meeting point of pilgrims from the rest of the country. Early morning believers take a bath in the same waters where they purify the dead.
3. Edinburgh in Scotland: The Old City of Edinburgh is a Human Heritage Site declared by the UNESCO. It still keeps the traditional medieval city plan and many buildings are from the Scottish Reformation in the 16th century. Walking through its narrows streets at night, it’s something definitely special 😉
4. Honningsvåg in Norway: The northernmost city of Norway with the largest cruise port of northern Norway and gateway to visit the famous North Cape. Already inside the Artic Circle, the area offers some of the best dog-sledding adventures in winter and very long sunny days in summer.
5. Hafnarfjordur in Iceland: Small town which name mean “fjord of the port located” it’s precisely that, a natural port founded by the Norseman legend Flóki Vilgerðarson. Nowadays a nice place to enjoy a viking environment with Fjorukrain, a restaurant that every weekend organizes some of the best viking themed parties in Iceland.
Hope you liked it and looking forward to read your comments about this places!
Credit: Photos by Örvar Atli Þorgeirsson, Richard McManus and Adam Fink