Arriving to an isolated beach under a blue sky, stepping into white sand and gazing the turquoise color water of the sea.. What a special moment! If you are looking for a relaxing moment under the sun, let us review the best beaches in the world and pick our top 10 for 2016.
1. Anse Source D’Argent beach in La Digue, Seychelles: Color changing rocks than look like pink, brown or silverish when the sun strikes with one angle or another. A unique beach where you can also find giant turtles wandering around. A must see!
2. Whitehaven beach in Queensland, Australia: Hidden in the northeast of Australia, difficult to visit but totally worth it. Located in the Great Barrier Reef, water in different blue tones mixed with sand banks like painted in a canvas. It’s sand, formed mainly by silicon oxide, it doesn’t get very warm. So no problem to walk on it barefoot 😉
3. Pilat Dune beach in Gironde, France: With it’s 18m high and 500m wide, is the largest dune in Europe. Unkonwn by many people forms a very a unique landscape in contrast with the bucolic Arcachon Bay.
4. Orosei Gulf beach in Sardinia, Italy: Isolated under a cliff and facing the Tyrrhenian Sea, only accessible by boat and extremely beautiful. A hidden gem in Sardinia.
5. Maya Bay beach in Phi Phi Leh, Thailand: A classic pick and with good reason. The Phi Phi island where the famous “The Beach” movie was filmed is still a place worth to visit. A paradise in the Andaman Sea but already too known by many, avoid peak season and hours if you don’t want it totally spoiled 😉
6. Manuel Antonio beach in Puntarenas, Costa Rica: The 6% of Costa Rica is protected as a National Park and so it is Maniel Antonio beach. We walk through a tropical forest and bump into iguanas and toucans until reaching a hidden paradise.
7. Lopes Mendes beach in Ilha Grande, Río de Janeiro, Brazil: After a 2 hour hike trough a tropical rain forest you reach it, like discovering a pearl. Isolated and beautiful.
8. Guana Island in British Virgin islands: The Caribbean for yourself, peace and having a relaxing moment is guaranteed. Within a Natural Reserve and a coral reef where to enjoy snorkeling.
9. Bora Bora beach in the French Polynesia: An atoll lost in the south Pacific ocean and with the Otemanu volcano in the center. A diver paradise full of colorful fish and sharks for the adventurous ones.
10. Pipeline beach in Oahu, Hawaii, United States: Mainly for surf lovers, daring to ride the biggest waves in the world is not a small challenge. Just to watch the waves breaking into coral reefs it’s worth visiting.
We hope you likes our top 10 beaches in the world but do you think any other is missing? Let’s us know in comments!
Credit: photos by Danny Lehman, Stefano Paterna, Onne van der Wal, K. Wothe, Macduff Everton, C. D. Wheatley and Bob Krist.