The year is almost finished and is time to look back and chose the best of 2015. The experts from the photography community 500px have chosen the top 10 travel photos of 2015. Amazing every each one of them:
1. On the river by Proshin: showing some fisherman on a lake surrounded by the mist, beautiful image taken somewhere in the south of China. The rural China is as interesting as unknown for many travelers, provinces like Yunnan or the Li River are very worth visiting, hope to talk about them soon 😉
2. Village of Dreams by Elia Locardi: twilight in the beautiful village of Hallstatt, surrounded by mountains and one of the hidden gems of Austria. Small town with a population of barely 900 hundred and a surprising Celtic heritage.
3. Hexagon Sun Over Ancient Bagan by FaceChoo Yong: sunrise over the enchanting Bagan, the land of the thousands pagodas in Indochina. Bagan is one my favorites places in Myanmar, easy to move around by bicycle discovering new pagodas and it’s very recommended to do the balloon flight during sunrise.
4. Churun-meru (Dragon) waterfall, Venezuela by AirPano: the impressive Angel’s Falls, the highest waterfall on Earth with a height of 979m. Venezuela with it characteristics Tepuys and the magical Roraima, is one of the best destinations in South America for nature lovers.
5. Going home by Adam Wong: the author doesn’t say where is taken but I can guess could be in Mongolia, guiding a herd of wild horses back home. The never ending Mongolian-Manchurian steppe is one of the must see landscapes in Central Asia.
6. Through the storm by Dima Chatrov: under a snowy weather a sadhu walks through a mountain pass in Nepal. The sadhu choses a way of life which renounces the world and the asceticism, being very common to see them around Nepal, India and surrounding countries.
7. Silk by Christine Clark-Hess: long exposure shot of the Niagara Falls from the American side, known as the American Falls. Together with the Forseshoe Falls and Bridal Veil Falls, they have the highest flow rate in the world.
8. Fairy Tale Castle by Achim Thomae: Neuschwanstein, probably the most photographed castle in Europe, located in the region of Bavaria, Germany. It was the private refugee of King Ludwig II, was opened to the public in 1886 and every year 1.4 million people visit it.
9. The Library by Scott Kelby: fish eye shot of the Rijksmuseum Research Library in Amsterdam, the biggest public art history research library in the Netherlands. The original building was designed by the architect Pierre Cuypers in 1885 and vastly renovated from 2004 and 2013.
10. Good Morning, Hong Kong by Peter Stewart: panoramic shot during sunrise from Victoria Peak in Hong Kong, one of the world’s most densely populated metropolises with 7.2 million people in an area of 1,104 km2.
Hope you liked the best travel photos of 2015 and maybe they give you some travel ideas for 2016 😉